What’s better than Snapchatting one of your friends? Snapchatting multiple of your friends – all at once.
Yep, it’s possible – group chats aren’t just for texting, they’re for Snapping too!
Are you ready to try it?
So let’s get to it!
How to make a group on Snapchat
- Tap the chat bubble in the top-right corner of the Friends screen
- Tap ‘New Group’ and select the group members you want to add
- Name the Snapchat group and tap ‘Chat with Group’ to finish
How to make a Snapchat group
Are you a visual learner? Here’s a step-by-step walkthrough on how to make a group chat on Snapchat:
1. Tap the chat bubble on the Snapchat Friends screen
Navigate to the Friends screen and tap the chat bubble in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Create a new group chat
Tap ‘New Group’ on the top of the Snapchat Chat screen.
3. Add Snapchat group members
Start typing in the names of the people you want to add to the Snapchat group chat (you can add up to 31 friends to a group chat). Once you’ve added your Snapchat Friends, name the group, and tap ‘Chat with Group’ when you’re finished.
4. Snap, Chat, or video call your group!
You’ve now created a group Snapchat! You can Snap, Chat, call, or video call your friends all in one place. Pretty sweet, huh?
How Snapchat groups work
Now that you’ve created a group chat, let me tell you a little bit about how they work:
- Anyone in the group can view the Snaps and messages you send – once a member sees a Chat, their name will appear below.
- Similar to Snapchat Stories, Chats sent to the group will be deleted automatically after 24 hours. So don’t miss what your friends have to say!
- Unfortunately, you can’t use Snaps you send to the group chat to keep individual Snapstreaks alive – you will have to Snap those individual Snapchatters to keep streaks going strong.
- If you’d like to edit the group name, add group chat members, change notification settings, or leave the Snapchat group, you can do so by tapping the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the group chat screen and make the changes you want there.
Create Snapchat groups with your friends!
You now know how to make a Snapchat group and all about how they work, so you can make as many group chats as you want!
Have a coworker clan? A group of friends from college? Buds from your basketball league? Create a group chat for each squad, you social butterfly.
Want to learn more about Snapchat? Check out our articles on: