Email marketing isn’t going anywhere, but the trends are always changing.
You have a fair variety of channels to reach your audience, yet email is the one which you can customize to your audience the most. Technological advances offer more and more opportunities to funnel in and reach out to an audience that can increase your brand's potential.
TIP: If you need help finding the best email marketing software for your business, browse the best email marketing software in 2019 from real-user reviews.
Email Marketing Statistics in 2019
So, why should you care about these statistics? Because they’re great guidelines to lead you in the direction for greater open rates, click-throughs and relatability of your brand.
Statistics on Email Marketing Personalization and Headers
1. Length of subject lines impacts open rates, especially for retail and technology industries (Yes, marketing, 2017)
25. 70% of Millenials are most likely to check their emails from bed, 57% from the bathroom, and 27% while driving (Adobe, 2015)
26. 58% of adult consumers check their emails right when they wake up (SAS)
27. 78% of consumers unsubscribe from brand emails because they were receiving too many messages (Email Monks, 2018)
Email Statistics on Mobile Devices
28. An engagement tactic online retailers used the most was to optimize for mobile usage (Statista, 2016)
29. As of 2018, consumers “are more comfortable performing complex web interactions entirely on their phones" (Practical Ecommerce, 2018)
30. 45% of email opens are on mobile devices or tablets with a 58% of click throughs (Econsultancy, 2018)
31. Mobile users check their emails more than non-mobile users by an average of 3x as much (Campaign Monitor, 2018)
32. 80% of mobile users delete emails if they are not optimized for mobile (Email Monks, 2018)
Emailing Statistics on Content
33. Welcome emails get an average open rate of 82% (GetResponse, 2018)
34. One newsletter per week has the highest open rate. Any more than 5 newsletters per week will decrease your open rates (GetResponse, 2018)
35. Online retailers top method of motivating customers to subscribe is offering the latest news and content from their brand. The least popular method is offering a gift to the subscribers (Statista, 2017)
36. Including videos in your email can boost click rates to 300% (MartechAdvisor, 2017)
37. Recipients are 35% more likely to open your email if your campaigns are image or graphic (GetResponse, 2018)
38. 24% of digital industry professionals in North America use AI for email marketing (Statista, 2018)
39. 30% of companies worldwide will use AI somewhere in their sales process by 2020 (VentureHarbour, 2018)
40. 80% of B2B and B2C professionals are using or planned to use AI to personalize content, offers, and customer experiences in 2018 (Statista, 2018)
41. Worldwide, 47% of advertisers are using AI for targeting audience, 45% for audience segmentation, and 41% for campaign planning and modeling (eMarketer, 2018)
42. 80% of marketing executives believe that AI will revolutionize the marketing industry by 2020 (Demandbase, 2016)
43. Emails from smart triggers have the highest open rates, at 45.7% (Elkfox, 2018)
TIP: Learn how to integrate your email marketing with artificial intelligence.
Planning for the future of email marketing
The future's looking good for those keeping up with technological changes.
In any case, any information on data like this can always be taken with a grain of salt, because, truthfully you should know your audience best.
Analyzing the data and statistics on your own audience will show you exactly what you need to know about them and where your efforts are needed most. Find the best email marketing software, according to real user reviews, for your business in 2019.
After completing her degree in Public Relations at Columbia College Chicago, Bianca previously was Content Promotion Specialist at G2. To take a break from everyday life, her adventures usually involve hiking in the mountains, attending music festivals, and eating great food.