Chatbots have changed the landscape for customer communication and have become quite the buzzword in marketing.
Chatbots are chat robots that communicate with humans online, simulating conversations people have with one another. They are used in business industries like e-commerce and banking to answer questions a user might have and to help them navigate their website.
These conversational agents bring a new element to your website and to the way that your customers interact with your company. Expectations are getting higher for the user journey, and as a marketer, it is vital to continue trending upward.
TIP: To get a high-level overview on chatbots and how they work, check out our full chatbot guide for 2019.
Chatbots are in a constant state of flux as the AI frontier continues to improve and develop. And they can certainly supplement your current human workforce, not necessarily replace them. However you choose to tailor your chatbot to your customers, fuel up on some of the recent trends and insight into the world of chatbots.
Chatbot statistics for 2019
These statistics provide insight into the future chatbot trends to we are likely to see in 2019.
1. There are two types of chatbot & AI engagement: declarative and conversational (Oracle, 2016).
2. Live chat software has a 73% satisfaction rate as a way for customers to interact with businesses (G2's Facebook Chatbots Guide, 2018).
3. Messaging apps have over 5 billion monthly active users (HubSpot).
4. There are over 300,000 chatbots on Facebook (Venture Beat, 2018).
5. 40% of millennials say that they chat with chatbots on a daily basis (Acquire.io, 2018).
6. The top industries profiting from chatbots are real estate, travel, education, healthcare, and finance (Chatbots Life, 2019).
32. Over 50% of customers expect a business to be open 24/7 (Oracle, 2016).
33. The average time it takes a company to respond to a message is 10 hours on messaging platforms (Oracle, 2016).
34. Chatbots can save up to 30% in customer support costs (invesp, 2017).
35. 67% of businesses believe that chatbots will outrun mobile apps within the next 5 years (Medium, 2019).
It’s time to up your customer service game with chatbots
While it may be a lot to keep up with, implementing chatbots can redefine your customer satisfaction rates by improving your response times, engagement, and your customers’ interests. Real-time service is invaluable in retaining your current relationships and prospects.
The future of the chatbot revolution is in your hands.
If you’re looking for the best chatbot software, search no further! See which chatbots are most-loved with validated reviews from real users.
Bianca is a Marketing Specialist at Parkey Dewey. After completing her degree in Public Relations at Columbia College Chicago, she previously was Content Promotion Specialist at G2. To take a break from everyday life, her adventures usually involve hiking in the mountains, attending music festivals, and eating great food.