G2 Crowd - Scholarship Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Valid in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia only. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/RELEASE OF LIABILITY/SCHOLARSHIP ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT PRIOR TO RECEIVING PRIZE.
The G2 Crowd Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage eligible U.S. college students (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) to describe how they keep an entrepreneurial spirit. Judges will choose the winning entries each Contest Period, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (these “Rules”).
- Binding Agreement. In order to enter a Contest, You must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure You understand and agree. You agree that submission of an Entry in a Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to a Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless You agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between You and G2 Crowd with respect to a Contest.
- Eligibility. To be eligible to enter a Contest, an Entrant must: (a) at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of entry; (b) currently reside in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia; (c) have a verifiable GPA of 2.5 or higher; and (d) be currently enrolled in an accredited college in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (or can submit proof of acceptance into an accredited college in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia for the 2018-2019 academic year). Employees, officers, and directors of G2 Crowd and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and life partners regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate in the Contest(s) for any Contest Period.
- Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by G2 Crowd, Inc. (“G2 Crowd” or “Sponsor”), a Delaware corporation with its principal place of business at 20 N. Upper Wacker Drive, Suite 1800, Chicago, IL 60606.
- Contest Period. There shall be four (4) quarterly contest periods, as follows:
Q3 2018 Contest Period: July 16th, 2018, 8 a.m. CT to Oct. 19th, 2018, 5 p.m. CT
Q4 2018 Contest Period: Oct. 22nd, 2018, 8 a.m. CT to Jan. 18th, 2019, 5 p.m. CT
Q1 2019 Contest Period: Jan. 21st, 2019, 8 a.m. CT to April 19th, 2019, 5 p.m. CT
Q2 2019 Contest Period: April 22nd, 2019, 8 a.m. CT to Aug. 16th2018, 5 p.m. CT
All dates are subject to change.
- How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter a Contest, eligible participants may go to the Contest website located at: https://learn.g2crowd.com/essay-scholarships during any of the Contest Periods set forth in Section 4 above and submit all required information, including valid contact information, then submit an essay (the “Essay”) of no more than 500 words that meets all the requirements set forth in the “Essay Requirements,” below (together, the “Entry”). Applicants must attach their Essay into the labelled fields and complete all of the other information required on the form.
- Entry Requirements. All Essays submitted must respond to the prompt set forth on the Contest website and include a description of how the Entrant embodies the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be in the English language.
- Must be attached as a Word (.doc or .docx) document into the appropriate field on the Contest website.
- Must not be more than 500 words.
- Must be the Entrant’s original work and may not be copied or plagiarized from any source.
- Must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- Must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the Essay was created.
- Must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark, representation of characters indicating a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Must not contain any material that violates or infringes a third party’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
Incomplete or inaccurate entries are void. All Essays will be reviewed to ensure that they are in compliance with these Official Rules. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER CONTEST PERIOD. MULTIPLE ENTRIES WITHIN A CONTEST PERIOD WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Essays, once submitted, cannot be revised and will not be returned.
- Selection of Winners/Judging. All Essays will be reviewed by Sponsor’s editorial panel to make certain the content falls within the parameters under the Entry Requirements described above. All eligible entries will be reviewed by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of G2 Crowd employees, who will select winners based on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”):
How well the Entrant describes the entrepreneurial spirit and how it is important to them (25%);
How well the Entrant describes specific and concrete details and/or experiences from their life that illustrate their entrepreneurial spirit (50%).
How well the Entrant explains how they would intend to use the prize money to further their entrepreneurial goals (25%)
Essays must also pass a basic threshold for clarity of writing in order to be eligible to win, such that the Essay clearly conveys the goals and details by which Entries will be judged, according to the aforementioned criteria.
The potential Prize winners shall be selected as follows: for the Q3, Q4, and Q1 Contest Periods, the three (3) Essays that earn the highest scores in the Judging Phase described above will be named the “Scholarship Winner”. For the Q2 Contest Period, the one (1) Essay that earns the highest scores in the Judging Phase described above will be named the “Scholarship Winner.”
The potential finalists/winners will be notified by email within two (2) weeks from the relevant Contest Period closing. Except where legally prohibited, each potential finalist/winner will be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via email by (7) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release, or any other documentation that Sponsor may require in its sole discretion, within the required time period, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected in accordance with the selection criteria described above.
In case of any tie, Sponsor will determine the potential winner from among the tied Entrants based on voting by the three (3) judges. Each judge will have one (1) vote, and will allocate his or her vote to the Essay that he or she judged to have the highest overall merit, based on the Judging Criteria described above, of the tied entries. The Essay with the most votes will be named the potential winner.
VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
- Prizes. There will be ten (10) Prizes awarded, three (3) per Q3, Q4, and Q1 Contest Period, and one (1) for the Q2 Contest Period as set forth above. Each Prize consists of a five thousand dollar ($5,000.00) scholarship. Each scholarship will be sent directly to the undergraduate university of the Scholarship Winner. The winner shall bear all responsibility for use of the prize in compliance with any conditions imposed by their school.
No assignment, transfer or substitution of any scholarship Prize is permitted by the winner and the scholarship may not be redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any scholarship prize for a different prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. If, by reason of a print or other error, more scholarship prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, prize winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
- Taxes. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND OTHER FEES, COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST AND/OR ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF EACH SCHOLARSHIP NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE RULES ARE THE SOLE OBLIGATION OF THE WINNERS.
- General Conditions. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, telephone transmission problems, or garbled transmissions or miscommunications; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitation of Liability and Releases. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Right to Cancel, Modify or Disqualify. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Contest cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may disqualify any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof); (b) suspend the Contest and modify the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prizes in accordance with the winner selection criteria from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, G2 Crowd reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be attempting to tamper with the submission process, any web site associated with the Contest, or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other Entrant, G2 Crowd, or the Judges.
- Disputes. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, United States, excluding all conflict of law rules. Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate State Court located in Cook County, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest not to exceed five US Dollars (US $5.00), but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Nature of Relationship/Waiver of Equitable Relief. Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by Sponsor’s employees. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Entry and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Entry. Finally, each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Entries or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Entries or any material based on or allegedly based on the Entries, and the Entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
- Winner’s List. You may request a list of winners two (2) weeks after any Contest Period closes by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
G2 Crowd Scholarship
20 N. Upper Wacker Drive., Suite 1800
Chicago, IL 60606
(Residents of Vermont need not supply postage)