We are back at it again after a week off for the holiday to bring you the top industry articles you need to read from the last week.
We’ve done the hard work of compiling these articles, so you can just get started reading.
30 articles you need to read this last week
This round of G2sday has brought you articles covering Basecamp’s ad attacking Google’s paid ads, Pantone’s 2020 color predictions, a list of influential top people leaders, and more. We’ve got you covered with five articles that you need to read from the industries of design and product, sales, human resources, marketing, development and engineering, and we even included a few ones at the end that caught our eye.
Ready to see what you missed?
- Megan Graham for CNBC discusses Jason Fried’s, CEO of Basecamp, public criticism of the paid Google ad program.
- On G2’s Learning Hub, Vinod Janapala explains the seven loyalty program types and gives advice on how to choose which is best for your organization.
- Grow and Convert’s Benji Hyam supplies readers a complete case study that dives into how long it takes content marketing to actually work.
- The team over at TradeGecko lists five ways companies can get the most out of exhibiting at trade shows.
- Heather-Mae Pusztai on Buffer stresses the importance of Reddit marketing and eight reddit marketing strategies that can help increase your success.
- For Repsly, G2’s Peter Thomson provides six best practices that can help professionals nail their sales territory management.
- Discover four ways in which webinars assist in closing more deals in David Abrams’ contributed article to Reply’s blog.
- Laura Nunneley on G2’s Learning Hub chats about five ways that dashboard usage can improve team performance.
- Hoopla’s team gives advice on how to build a performance-based culture within your organization.
- G2’s own Deirdre O’Donoghue explains how to get customer reviews online for your e-commerce shop in her article on ShipBob.
Design & Product
- Take Tom May’s 11 tips on Creative Bloq to help you land your first job within the design industry.
- Tony Ho Tran for Invision App gives a beginner’s guide to Lean UX along with five lessons that will help.
- Dive into Pantone’s 2020 color forecast that highlights blue and greens reflective of nature in Izza Sofia’s article on Design Taxi.
- Alica Jackson’s article on DesignHill provides 13 tips to help designers create and print sticker designs that stand out for your brand.
- G2’s Daniella Alscher breaks down the role of an advertising art director including the responsibilities, salaries, and skills.
Development & Engineering
- Charlotte Swan for Instabug breaks down the HEART framework in order to explain how to adapt Google’s UX framework for mobile apps.
- Yahoo Finance explores the global augmented analytics market from present to the forecasted state in 2025.
- For G2’s Learning Hub, Emil Waszkowski advises readers on how to choose the right backend technology stack for your web application.
- On Politico, Margaret Harding McGill discusses the FTC’s YouTube investigation that resulted in Google paying a fine of up to 200 million dollars.
- Sumit Sarkar’s article on Progress describes SAP data synchronization with AWS or Azure cloud databases.
- Learn on recruiters use personality in the hiring process in Greg Skloot’s article on the Crystal blog.
- Sophia Lee for Culture Amp lists ten top people leaders to learn from and information where to learn more from them on Culture Amp.
- LinkedIn’s Jessi Hempel compiled LinkedIn top startups of 2019 with the 50 hottest U.S. companies to work for right now and the most common skills in employees.
- Gabrielle Rejouis on Slate challenges the practice of employers constantly surveilling workers during the current data privacy movement.
- Zoho’s people team gives managers a guide to improving retention and building more engaged teams.
- Grace Pinegar from G2 assembled a list of the top 10 most-viewed YouTube videos to date.
- For the Lempod Blog, Ilya Azovtsev educates readers on how to post on LinkedIn to reach 100,000 views paired with seven elite examples of posts.
- Survey Monkey provides advice on how to write good survey questions that provide reliable results and insights for your organization.
- On Sailthru, I dive into how organization can use customer service emails as another tool to enable their customer service team with.
- Lauren Etter and Craig Giammona for Bloomberg expose the sparkling water wars and how management has an influence in the state of it.
Missed a previous roundup? We have them all here for you in our G2sday Roundup Hub.