Ready to catch up on everything you probably missed in the last week?
30 articles you need to read this week
We’ve gathered 30 articles for you from the last week that you can’t miss. These articles span topics of marketing, sales, design and product, development and engineering, hr, and we’ve even added a few that caught our eyes from elsewhere. Stay in the know for what’s happening by checking out these articles from the last week.
- Learn how to the ins and outs of smarter email marketing in Zoho’s article series focusing on email testing, email splitting, bouncing, unsubscribing, previewing emails, and more.
- Bradley Fagan on G2 redefines digital marketing in the current era of marketing by focusing on the need for a new digital marketing strategy, the problems with the current approach, the rise of location marketing, and more.
- Ahrefs' Helen Stark lists 12 podcasts you should listen to in order to become a better marketer.
- Dive into what feature is the biggest differentiator in making your marketing campaign effective in Traci Alford’s piece on AdAge.
- John Boitnott for Meltwater explores the marketing benefits for brands that come when executives cultivate a personal social media presence.
- Hoopla gives important tips on how to develop and maintain professional, business relationships in your role as an outside sales representative.
- Gain actionable advice for leading and training your sales team with the five best role-play scenarios from LevelEleven’s Megan Seamans.
- Michael Lazar instructs readers how to write an e-commerce return policy that will please customers on G2’s Learn Hub.
- Paul Marchant on InsideSales.com provides five strategies for how your organization can more accurately forecast sales.
- Cience’s Eric Quanstrom discusses how to build a B2B lead generation strategy with tips and steps for success on Crunchbase.
Design & Product
- On G2’s Learn Hub, Reuben Hall, CEO of Mind Sea, explores five reasons why many mobile apps launch and fail within a month and what you can do to prevent this.
- Pinterest introduces their new, compassionate search function that can aid users feeling stressed, anxious, or distressed.
- Eric Karkovack on SpeckyBoy highlights eight intriguing UI features on e-commerce websites that can be added to any other site to enhance the user experience.
- Learn about the changes coming in August of 2019 to Facebook’s text and aspect ratio on mobile news feed posts and ads in Amy Genshues’ piece on MarketingLand.
- Engadget’s AJ Dellinger gives information about Reddit’s new feature of allowing specific subreddits to create their own community awards.
Development & Engineering
- Follow steps on how to format your code in a way that’s more visually pleasing using Prettier in Visual Studio Code in James Quick’s article on Scotch.
- Salesforce’s Antonio Figuieredo explains how blockchain and IoT are related and the benefits associated with leveraging the power of the two of them together.
- Learn how to use click maps to track users’ clicks, the benefits of using them, and how to set them up in order to optimize your website in Flo Dossetto’s piece on Hotjar.
- Github’s ban on developers in Iran, Syria, and Crimea due to U.S. export legislation is discussed by Rita Liao and Manish Singh on TechCrunch.
- Rebecca Reynoso provides information from industry leaders about how artificial intelligence gives power to the Internet of Things on G2’s Learn Hub.
- HR Bartender’s Sharlyn Lauby answers readers’ inquiries on whether or not it’s okay to contact a job candidate with their work email.
- In order to reduce employee turnover and have a higher morale, see if you’re a toxic leader and find steps on how to remedy the behaviors in Charisse Fontes’s piece on Fond.co.
- Find 15 important recruiter interview questions to ask in order to get the job in Derek Doeing’s article on G2.
- Hiring a manager is never easy, but on TinyPulse, Justin Reynolds gives 10 leadership qualities to look for during the hiring process.
- Namely’s Lyssa Test provides four tips on how to promote gender equality in the workplace in order to make the office a more inclusive environment for all.
- Bloomberg’s Rebecca Greenfield explores the impactful lawsuits surrounding marijuana legalization and how it influences termination decisions in the workplace.
- Adrien Lemaire from RingCentral dives into the top four messaging channels and how to select the right one for your business to communicate with clients.
- Reminisce on the childhood cartoon “Peanuts” and learn how it has influenced author Ann Patchet as a writer on The Washington Post.
- The Good.co team asks readers to see if they’re applying your culture fit in an organization into your job searching process.
- Aarian Marshall of Wired explains how Alphabet’s plan in Toronto depends on large amount of consumer data.
Missed a week? Don't worry we've got you covered. Check out our G2sday Roundup hub.