Content is getting published at an astounding rate. It’s crucial to stay up-to-date on top trends and happenings in your industry.
30 articles you need to read this week
We’ve rounded up 30 articles for you covering marketing, sales, design and product, development and engineering, human resources, and a few grab bag choices that caught our eye. Stay up to date on what’s happening by checking out top stories below.
- Sarah Fruy from Pantheon emphasizes the importance of having a flexible approach when running social media campaigns and the impact it can have on larger marketing campaigns.
- Integrating facebook messenger marketing and chatbots into your digital marketing campaigns is simple with the step-by-step instructions in Larry Kim’s piece on SocialPilot.
- Follow Camille Franc’s 11 tips for incorporating visuals into social media marketing strategies on Social Bakers.
- G2’s marketing managers discuss into how we took our Learning Hub from 0 to 1 million monthly users through several lenses such as keyword research, link building, and topic clustering.
- Sara Estes at Splash spotlights the differences, benefits, and disadvantages between hosting and sponsoring an event and how to figure out which is better for your organization.
- Hilary George-Parkin at Vox explores the psychology behind sales and how retailers are taking advantage of how humans interpret things through branded events such as Amazon’s Prime Day.
- Grasp the differences between demand generation and lead generation and what types of content fall into each category in Alexa Drake’s piece on G2’s Learning Hub.
- Instamojo’s site offers a quick and complete guide to selling via WhatsApp including information on WhatsApp payments, free tools to use, and using the Instamojo integration.
- Learn why sales recruiting roles are one of the hottest demanded jobs in Claire Grosek’s article on CloserIQ.
- Dan Tyre at HubSpot challenges the age-old saying “the customer is always right” by giving a plan on what to do when your customer isn’t right.
Design & Product
- Ashley Cheng from Usersnap provides assistance in how to use micro-interactions and the value that they provide to your website.
- Learn how to use color theory to create an esthetic on your Instagram’s account that catches the eye of target customers and beautifies your account in Levi Olmstead’s piece on Instasize.
- Download 8 free seamless geometric patterns and learn how to customize them from Alex Clem on Shutterstock to help spice up your brand’s designs.
- Alina Gorbatch from Awario explains how color can affect consumers’ perception and what emotional reaction is commonly associated with each color.
- Bridget Poetker on G2 defines the role of a UX Designer, the normal responsibilities of the position, and how one can enter the field.
Development & Engineering
- Dynatrace’s Florent Duchateau tells readers how to fine tune failure detection for Dynatrace’s services in order to allow for the artificial intelligence engine to better detect true failures.
- In her piece on Splunk, Haiyan Song, Senior VP Security Markets of the company, highlights the lack of women in the cybersecurity field and how she uses her recent recognition as a “veteran women in security” to bring light to the issue.
- Follow Alberta William’s steps on Telerik to learn how to use a Vue PivotGrid to change the way data is presented in your web app.
- Paul Gottschling’s piece on Datadog lists the four key categories of metrics to consider when monitoring your Consul clusters.
- G2’s Devin Pickell discusses what predictive analytics are, how they work, their benefits, and what industry makes use of them.
- Reddit may seem unconventional as a recruiting tool, but on CareerArc, Erin Matthew identifies target subreddits for recruiters and best practices for each community.
- Ellevest clears up confusion by breaking down what vesting is and how it can affect granted stock options or 401(k) matching contributions.
- Kevin Indig stresses the importance of becoming a digital marketing specialist early in your career and branching out into a generalist later on.
- NDAs are no easy feat, but Riia O’Donnell shares on HR Dive who needs to sign them and how they impact different levels of seniority within an organization.
- Julie Dodd, Chief Services Officer at Ultimate Software, shares why company culture is worth the investment during the war for talent and how it can lead to better outcomes in other aspects of your organization.
- Katy Steinmetz for Time takes on Instagram’s war on bullying and how the platform is using AI to root out behaviors and introducing new features to limit the effects.
- Learn 8 best practices for running a successful fundraising campaign for your nonprofit in Will Schmidt’s piece on Classy.
- Choosing your Apple watch’s apps just got easier with Bridget Poetker’s post on G2 which lists the best watch apps based on app store ratings for different categories.
- Tom Martin’s article on the American Bar Association’s website discusses how chatbots will not overtake the law profession but instead how lawyers can take advantage of them to develop their soft skills.
- The MintLife blog provides a complete resource for seniors considering working during retirement, the potential benefits it has, and what types of jobs offer the most flexibility in order to still live the life they want.
Missed a week? Don't worry we've got you covered. Check out our G2sday Roundup hub.